As the bartender walks over to them, placing 2 glasses of Malibu on their table, they look back, rather hesitantly to our direction. We raised our mugs and air-cheers.
After taking a rather small gulp and placed my mug back on to the coaster, I whispered to Ryan, “Dude, now what?”
“Err, I dunno lah. How?” he responded as if that was all we were gonna do.
“Should we go over and talk to them? I mean, I think that’s should be the obvious next step.” I suggest.
But yet again, they have already saw us acting like a bunch of 18 year olds who has never drank before, downing mug after mug, loud talking within the bunch and making random jokes that if you weren’t in the group, wouldn’t make sense.
Ryan raised his freshly poured golden liquid and took a huge gulp, “Maybe we should wait for their respond?” placing his mug on the bar, “I mean, they might think that we are just a bunch of horny fuckers, fishing for a lay.” Suggesting we should just keep it cool.
In the midst of all this confusion, Tuck has been constantly bombarding us with his ideas and suggestions. Do that, do this, go here, go there. And something about their boyfriends driving BMWs. Where the hell did that came from?
"Whatever it is Tuck, don't go over there and talk to them for us! You're too drunk already," I said to Tuck, "We might even get arrested!"
We turn to Amy, for a second opinion and for some insights.
“When things like this happens to me ah, I usually won’t even layan them!”
“What?!” Now you tell us this? If that’s the case with most girls, why didn’t you warn us earlier? That Malibu was RM11 for one, man! “But I mean, what if you were into him, would you respond?”
“Err, usually I won’t lah, but it depends also lah, some girls react differently,” she explains.
And we also have to establish to Mark, that his suggestions are only fit for movies and are to cheesy and corny for reality.
We constantly look back at them, it didn’t look so convincing. Always on the phone. They were on the phone so religiously if it should run out of battery, they would just fall flat on the ground and gasp for air, maybe even rolling down the mini staircase, knocking someone else down along. Then I would have to dial 991 (because I was the only one on post-paid phone plan) and do CPR on them. I could imagine Ryan jumping right into the scene, pressing their chest and blowing air into their mouth. “Come on girls! Live dammit! Live!” he would scream in drama. “Nooooooo…” and the water sprinklers would spray water.
“We didn’t really thought this thru, did we?” says I, “We should go lah, just go and sit with them!”
Then they stood up, head straight to the counter, holding their bill.
“Dammit! They’re leaving already lah!”
“(Aaaaarrffhhhh) Act cool, act cool!”
They walk up slowly behind us, smiling; one patted Ryan’s back, while the other grazed me right at the very end of my spine, about an inch or two above my tailbone. It makes me wonder, why there? Am I too tall? Is it a sign?! What should I do? Waaaa...
“Thank you.” They said it perfect synch. As if they have rehearsed it on their table, one’s pitch is higher than the other. Perfect harmony.
After all it’s over.
And RM11 poorer, each.
After taking a rather small gulp and placed my mug back on to the coaster, I whispered to Ryan, “Dude, now what?”
“Err, I dunno lah. How?” he responded as if that was all we were gonna do.
“Should we go over and talk to them? I mean, I think that’s should be the obvious next step.” I suggest.
But yet again, they have already saw us acting like a bunch of 18 year olds who has never drank before, downing mug after mug, loud talking within the bunch and making random jokes that if you weren’t in the group, wouldn’t make sense.
Ryan raised his freshly poured golden liquid and took a huge gulp, “Maybe we should wait for their respond?” placing his mug on the bar, “I mean, they might think that we are just a bunch of horny fuckers, fishing for a lay.” Suggesting we should just keep it cool.
In the midst of all this confusion, Tuck has been constantly bombarding us with his ideas and suggestions. Do that, do this, go here, go there. And something about their boyfriends driving BMWs. Where the hell did that came from?
"Whatever it is Tuck, don't go over there and talk to them for us! You're too drunk already," I said to Tuck, "We might even get arrested!"
We turn to Amy, for a second opinion and for some insights.
“When things like this happens to me ah, I usually won’t even layan them!”
“What?!” Now you tell us this? If that’s the case with most girls, why didn’t you warn us earlier? That Malibu was RM11 for one, man! “But I mean, what if you were into him, would you respond?”
“Err, usually I won’t lah, but it depends also lah, some girls react differently,” she explains.
And we also have to establish to Mark, that his suggestions are only fit for movies and are to cheesy and corny for reality.
We constantly look back at them, it didn’t look so convincing. Always on the phone. They were on the phone so religiously if it should run out of battery, they would just fall flat on the ground and gasp for air, maybe even rolling down the mini staircase, knocking someone else down along. Then I would have to dial 991 (because I was the only one on post-paid phone plan) and do CPR on them. I could imagine Ryan jumping right into the scene, pressing their chest and blowing air into their mouth. “Come on girls! Live dammit! Live!” he would scream in drama. “Nooooooo…” and the water sprinklers would spray water.
“We didn’t really thought this thru, did we?” says I, “We should go lah, just go and sit with them!”
Then they stood up, head straight to the counter, holding their bill.
“Dammit! They’re leaving already lah!”
“(Aaaaarrffhhhh) Act cool, act cool!”
They walk up slowly behind us, smiling; one patted Ryan’s back, while the other grazed me right at the very end of my spine, about an inch or two above my tailbone. It makes me wonder, why there? Am I too tall? Is it a sign?! What should I do? Waaaa...
“Thank you.” They said it perfect synch. As if they have rehearsed it on their table, one’s pitch is higher than the other. Perfect harmony.
After all it’s over.
And RM11 poorer, each.
No comments:
Post a Comment