Of course Mom had no idea what was I doing, “Meng what are you doing? Keep your hands on the wheel!” Until this day, I had no idea how mom manage to charm her way into following me to KL. But I am damn glad she did.
“I was just saying goodbye to Penang, mom…”
It has been 6-long-painful-yet-exhilirating month since I packed almost everything I had and make my way to the city. And now, for the first time ever – since paying my first toll upon entry to KL on a gloomy rainy Wednesday evening via Smart TAG – I feel that I can finally get on with the next part my life as an independent-I-will-never-call-mom-for-money adult.
I came here with a set of points. Those points are the things I need to do, to fulfill, to accomplish and to achieve whilst being in the city. I do not know how long I will stay here honestly, but I needed a plan. Thus I took months prior to my move to pen out all the things I would need to do. Down to the last alphabet.
And it all came tumbling down like how Ben knocks off my standing desktop calendar and brings everything down with it, like my small Absolut bottle, the origami bird, my hand lotion (hey! I got psoriasis okay! Spare me the social stigma!) and etc. In other words, everything I had planned and penned out has failed. Everything crushed, disintegrated, *Kah poosh!* into nothing more than just floating filth which strangely resembles to the air quality in the city.
So why the peculiar sense of enthusiasm? Denial perhaps? Heck no. I’m too old to emo about it nor am I going to let it bother me. In actual fact, I am pretty damn relieved it all botched up. Serious. I had already fallen. But hey…
…the best part about falling is that now I will be getting up...
and have a clean slate.
Oh it’s already looking better :)
Oh it’s already looking better :)
No comments:
Post a Comment