Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Hullabaloo & Wake-Up Calls

Days ago, another close friend of mine sensationally announced his plan to marry his girlfriend of a year albeit in the most corny approach. He did it via Facebook.

Naturally, when it was announced, it wasn’t said in the most clear-cut fashion. No one took it seriously. In fact, no one believed it. Heck, I didn’t believe it myself ‘till I personally rang him up. Just to be sure.

With the controversy it attracts, sometimes I think, is this for real or just a mean of being convenient? I hope this is all for the right reasons. The rush to tie the knot doesn’t help chase away the hullabaloo.

“Whatever it is dude,” a friend had previously asked for my 2cents on this ‘surprise’ announcement, “There’s nothing we can do or say to him,” because the ‘Bubble Factor’ is already in place. Nothing gets thru. No matter how obvious. If it should all go wrong.

But hey, his one of my closest friends. I wish him all the best.
____________________________________________

I am reconstructing my life. At 25 (soon 26), I can’t be carrying all this excess baggage with me anymore. It doesn’t seem to worth the effort anymore. My back starts to hurt. My shoulders are heavy. My legs are weary. My eyes are disillusioned. These pieces on the floor that needs picking up, perhaps I’d just sweep it all off and make a new one.
_____________________________________________

I learn yesterday that in the darkest hours, the unlikeliest person will stand up and answer your call for help.

It makes you wonder, doesn’t it? Who’s really there for you when you need it.

No comments: