Every morning, before heading to work we would all stop by our favourite chinese kopitiam, aptly named 8888 for obvious reasons. This salesman has been there before. Usually selling really random items. From what I can make of it, he doesn't make that many sales (if any at all) because this is how he does his so-called sales pitch.
Imagine, you would be seated, drinking your coffee, iced Milo or whatever it is. He'll walk right up to you and extend this arm, holding the product (usually socks, pens or children's jigsaw puzzle) up to your face and mutters absolutely nothing. What do you do? You shake your head and ignore him. He'll go away.
But this morning, he was the semangat. This time selling biscuits. Again, he hold the bloody thing up to my face and mutters the best sales pitch I've ever heard, "Eh, this one very nice wan!"
I was having egg and toast, "This one also nice!" whilst pointing to my breakfast.
He walked away after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment