Sunday, 4 September 2011

Grooves

3-years can leave such a lasting impression on you. It's been a month since my new job (and I'm eagerly awaiting the next paycheque already!), the old habits from the old job still lingers around. Having working hours that are too flexible can be quite hard to adjust back into the corporate world groove. Well, for me it's still a new experience for me. Coming from small agencies (and at one point, medium) I had always wondered how life would be like in a bigger setting. I've always picture it to be like college or university again except that you get paid to show up and do stuff. Now that I'm in one, it does have that certain similarity to it. For instance:

- You'll never get to know everyone.

- And the ones that you do know, you only remember their names. And maybe some basic background information.

- You have the popular 'kids'. 

Like point #2, of course they are categories of social circles within the office. I've yet to find mine. The 'new guy' tag is starting to loosen up. Eventually I will need to find my groove. 

Now the true experience starts.
 

No comments: