Here's the dirt.
For the whole of 2008, as most of my matchas would know, I've been slaving from one agency to another. And I was dumbfounded when I discovered that both agencies I've worked have not contributed a single cent to my EPF account. Not even a digit despite deducting my salary. To me, I felt this has gotten personal. Sure, being overworked I'll whine, I can take it. But this is over the line. So filed 2 separate complaints at the KWSP office against both employers complete with all my pay-slips and what not.
Somehow I felt this wasn't enough when the officer at the desk was advising me with his droopy eyes and nonchalant dialogue, "It'll probably take like 2-months before these complaints gets processed. And if you're lucky to have a hard worker working on your case, it'll be resolved fast," what the hell? "If unlucky and you get a lazy bum, then it might take longer," what!? You mean you guys don't motivate or fire your immensely lazy people? This is not good.
So after talking to a friend, she advised that I shoot my complaints to as many departments as I could. So I went all out, I called and emailed; The Labour Department, The Bureau of Complaints (I didn't know there were such a thing) and I even went political by getting MCA and DAP involved. Of course, neither parties have any clue I got the other involved. We'll see which is more...efficient. Wish me luck.
Here are some interesting photos...

This I like to call The Super Cacat-Man. It reads "CAUTION: DISABLED RIDER!" on the back of the cart. However, that's the only thing cacat about him. He was riding in the excess of 110km/h on the LDP. Yeah, on the fast lane too. He even honked at a van and a new Honda Accord to give way. My kelisa could hardly keep up, but I had to, I needed to take a shot. Strange enough -- as you can see on the photo -- he actually gave me way. Hmmm...

Ah, this is happy butter. Looks like CRAP, tastes like CRAP. And yeah we were bored and we had the weekend to spare. So...what the heck.

Despite all of us being skeptical, the cake turned out well. Very moist and barely any incriminating smell. And it actually tastes like chocolate. Albeit a hint of a nasty aftertaste and no, those are not my hands.

Top it off with a ridiculously thick layer of chocolate frosting. And yes, happy butter was used too. Man, it tasted like crap though it did have a chocolate-y aftertaste. Very amusing...

To complete the Happy Space Cake, some heart-shaped sprinkles to add some colour and some agar-agar. Yes it was made with love, heh. Lots of it.
Half the cake was finished in less than 15-minutes when we arrived at Neh's, "What is it?" he asks.
"Smell and see!" we said.
The rapid ascent of his head caused his afro to bobble slightly, "You mean you guys baked a..."
"YES!"
We placed about 5-7 slices on a plate and a couple of forks. We stood there for a good 10-minutes, not knowing what to do with it. The Neh almost literally picked a fork and stuff himself silly with 'em cakes, "YOHR TURRM!" serving the plate at my direction.
K -- the new housemate at Neh's -- asks, "Which is more potent, cake or frosting?"
We contemplate a bit, "The frosting, cause it tastes like crap,"
Hence, he took a spoon and scoop a very generous serving of just frosting before his face started squirming, eyes squinting with disgust, "At least the last bit tastes like chocolate!"
You could imagine what happened after 30-minutes or so (yes tons of random laughters over silly little things). Ah, good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment