Thursday, 23 October 2008

Snap Snap Snap

I was browsing thru my phone out of boredom and suddenly, it dawned on me. This is the new way to blog! Oh yeah! Here goes.

This is how Maango was formed during Raya (which also explains what the hell was I doing during the week-long holiday when all - well most of them anyway - made their way back to Penang and attend open houses and drink copious amount of alcohol) at Ikea!

Photobucket
Sheena tagged along with us 'cos she knew a friend who works in Ikea. We thought we could get a decent 15% employee discount with it. The amount we were buying, 15% is a huge discount. But somewhere along the line, we didn't go with it. It'll be unfair to get him to so much trouble if he actually got caught. As if his girl problem isn't enough. Oh yeah, she was also there with me. The one and only time we actually hung out the entire day. Of course, she was not in the frame and was at the Ladies'. That's another story for another time that may actually never come :P moving on.....

Photobucket
Yeah, one huge empty space with a crap load of boxes and packaging. We did manage to assemble 2 chairs before this picture was taken. This area is the 'studio'. Were the creative energy would flow. Or so we hope.

Photobucket
Pantry/kitchen. Yes, very pathetic. I have still damn proud of myself for suggesting we mix and match those coffee table legs. Am I brilliant or what?

Photobucket
The hall area which is our discussion area. Still a long way to go.

Photobucket
I gotta admit, if we haven't had any power tool (or Ian's electric power tool with us), it would've have taken a monumental effort. Like, yeah...monumental. God bless 'em power tools! zing!zing!zing!

But wait...we're not quite done yet...something's missing. Hmmm...Ah hah!

Photobucket
Yeah!!! A brand spanking new (and also beefed up to 4GB RAM!) 20" iMac! Oh yeah! Bring it on stupid-unrelenting-indecisive clients!

Photobucket
A little more zing!zing!zing anf voula! Not bad, huh. It is rather small, but its only 4 of us. No complaints here.

It has been 3-weeks since all that and we're now fully up and running. I just hope the clients would just keep piling in. Gosh, never thought I'd say that so soon in life.

---

This is pre-Maango. Because work was actually pilling in even before the office was setup. We had no office so we ended working at Ian's albeit all the bloody way to Puchong.

Photobucket
What? Oh, did I not mention Ian found his Dad's old porno magazine stash? Yeah, so we kinda like...yeah, man, that was distracting.

---

Ben Syndrome. I've previously explained the symptoms on a previous entry. So, there was this scenario where Ben drove this white piece of scrap yard metal he calls a car back to Penang for mommy dearest to fix. 2-weeks it took, because there was that much to fix. So while the car was in Penang undergoing a major resurrection, he had a business to run. And him being the Sales guy, he needs to drive around. So Mike loaned him his car a lot during that 2-weeks spell, "Oh I hope he doesn't do anything stupid to it" Mike would tell me.

2-weeks passed and Mike found himself in Penang to help out his mom's project. So being the good business partner he is, he offered Ben to drive his car back for him. And so he did. So the next morning, we had breakfast in some nearby coffee shop. After breakfast they exchanged cars after bitching to me how it was such an ordeal to drive that car back with that mysterious stench coming from the air conditioning.

Knowing Ben and The Ben Syndrome, I told Mike as we were walking to his car, "I bet there's a coffee can tucked somewhere in your car," I tell him. Here's the thing about Ben Syndrome. Apart from all the terrible symptoms, he has this ghastly tendency to drink coffee while driving and tucking the empty cans between the door and the seat, and then completely forgets about it.

"AAHHH!!!" Mike screams.

Photobucket
Yeap, you guessed it.


Over and out :)

No comments: