It’s the 9th day of February and New Year’s was so last month. Yet, first time ever since I started blogging, I missed an entire month. Mind blasting if you ask me.
Work has been picking up in breakneck speed, no time to rest on our laurels. One done, the other comes in right away. In fact, nothing to gloat about, there is even a waiting line. What’s depressing on top of all that is that our cash flow isn’t all smooth. Money’s there, and I am not materialistic or short sighted. But it just gets to me sometimes; this whole living from pay-cheque-to-pay-cheque routine isn’t very comforting. Plus, I am at that phase in my life I need to start planning my finances. And I can’t do that when I don’t have the cash physically. Ah, the wonders and risk of running your own business.
2010 has so far been good to me. But already, I’ve made some bad choices and mistakes I wish I hadn’t. Well, at least I like to think that CNY hasn’t started yet, so the whole Tiger year being a good thing to the Boars may not have kicked in, just yet at least. Here’s to hoping. That’s the only thing that’s keeping me afloat these days.
I am finally in a band, well sort of anyway. We’re called The Dance Biscuits. Why the name, well, long story. Something about the ‘80s and Justin Timberlake. However, the music we make is nothing like it. I guess that’s the beauty of it. The name promises nothing. And when nothing is promised, we can please a lot of ears easily and hopefully, effortlessly. Though the thing about such an ensemble is that it’s bloody hard to practice collectively mainly due to our erratic schedules. But then again, I’m hoping.
The new year (the Chinese one) is within grasp. I can hear it’s whispers and it’s gentle, warm and somewhat orangy embrace. I can’t wait for the good times to roll again, at least for a few days to recuperate before the whole vicious cycle starts again. Just earlier today, or should I say yesterday, I had to consider cutting my trip back home short because work is starting to pile up. Coupled by JM’s overdue vacation to London (which I’m so envious of, actually, I envy the Amsterdam bit more than London lol) isn’t gonna help as I would be flying solo for a full week. So. Not. Looking. Forward. To. It. Well, I can only hope it all goes well. For myself, the company and his vacation.
In the midst of all this hu-ha, I think I lost myself a little. Though it was part of the plan, when I moved down to KL 2-years ago. To lose myself, break myself down and rebuild from scratch. What I hate about it is that it’s a heck lot easier to say it and plan it. It’s been a nightmare living through it, I can tell you that. The fear that you might actually never find myself, that I’ve gotten in so deep, I lost all my bearings and direction. But there’s always one thing I’ll keep close to me.
Hope.
And my highlight of the day is this entry. First for 2010. I hope this would release the floodgates. Laters.
No comments:
Post a Comment