Thursday, 4 March 2010

Life And The Constant Curveballs It Throws At You

As yet another hectic week draws its shutter close, I sit on the office sofa puffing away a cloud of smoke in a sense of some sort of relief yet distress. A lot of has happened since the last 2 days (which was 2-weeks ago) I spent in Penang during my weeklong exodus from this unrelenting city. Of course, the one-week I spent in Penang was nothing short of sheer bliss. Best week I had in Penang since…well, ever. It made me feel like an 18 year old once more. With an unlimited source of energy and enthusiasm, I broke boundaries and smashed all principals that I have limit myself in the past. It has made me think, “What have I been missing out? Why did I caged myself in my own cocoon of social pretense?”

I do not remember why.

I’m seeing someone now. As much as it is uncanny for me to say this, but I am. And I am pretty damn glad about it. Though between her and me; it’s still in its embryonic stage. People have been asking questions, like are we official yet? Are we dating? Are we an item? I merely ignore the label-bullet constantly bombarded at my direction. Because at this point in time, at this point in my life, I rather not put a label on it. Maybe I am a tad superstitious, or maybe there isn’t a label for this thing we’re having right now. I just don’t see the point in putting a tag on it. What’s the rush? Why succumb to society’s unrelenting need to have things done fast and rush off to the next chapter and then progress hastily to the next? Whatever happened to good old…fun? Have we all lost that sense of joy? The simplest of pleasures in life in my opinion is having fun. It may cost you your life’s savings, or it may cost you nothing at all. In the end, it’s what you make of it. Because as of now, we’re just having lots of fun when we’re together. I am discovering her whilst she discovers me.

We met at a very strange point in my life. I may or may not be ready for it, but when I look back at the things I’ve accomplished or lack there of, I realized, well, life’s has always been throwing its curveballs at me especially at testing times. I am going through one right now. This time, I decided to take the game on and embrace it. I am slowly approaching the imminent age of 30. I feel it’s time I stop limiting myself to what life has to offer to me. I have spent my entire life contemplating on too many things. Sometimes, you just need to just get on with it.

And I think I am slowly making more effort to make that change.

No comments: