I'm on my last day of my 6-day break. And I have been drunk for all 5 days. Today I just cannot tahan anymore. I couldn't possibly drink another mug of beer (or another shot of tequila and so on) and not risk a major health crisis. The thought of taking a sick-leave put a little smile on my face. But hey, I would rather see-off the year proper.
Yesterday, at the peak of this insatiable drinking spree, we were at 68 to celebrate Christmas with Vig, Dasha, Adil (even Mark Ng showed up, the little pink piggy as Annie likes to call him) and our special guest artist all the way from Canada, Aiden. The 3 of them (Dash, Adil and Aiden) performed on this special night. I’ve been to 68 a few times and it’s often quite vacant. But of course, it’s Christmas! So it was a full-house. With Aiden on keyboards, Adil flowing the rhythm on his famous saxophone and of course Dasha blowing everyone away with her amazing vocals, it was a recipe for a good set.
While these talented bunch enchanted the nonchalant crowd, the slightly more UN-talented bunch, mainly me, Vig and Mark (and also Vig’s buddy, Kenneth) were having shots after shots of tequila. In which of course, was followed by squirming our faces and pound the ground with our feet, “Wah, bleeeurghh, damn nasty lah.” I would say. In fact, I think the only one who actually enjoyed the tequila was Mark. Since it was his idea to begin with. Aiden hated it the most running, hiding and going all 10-year old throwing tantrums, yet he drank the most. Strange.
Because of the salt, drinking tequila, “It’s almost like drinking bucket loads of sea water while drowning,” I totally agree on that. But hey, it gets the job done albeit a little nasty on the taste buds.
We moved on to Bagan later that evening and finished the job there with more beer. And also an air-ticket right at the end to justify the night. Oh you know what I mean. Yeah, that hit the spot for me and now, I’m my room feeling hot, cold, sweaty, lethargic and dry altogether. Oh man, I can’t wait to feel…sober again. Seriously.
Merry Christmas everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment