Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Been Busy

Crap, I've been swamped. Work is flooding in fast.

"Wah, but being busy is good mah," she tells me.

I whined, "But, but, but," starting to have the jitters, "I can't Facebook, chat, blog, watch YouTube and read!"

Bah, truth be told. I don't really miss Facebook that much. Chatting can sometimes feel like such a chore and YouTube has way too much rubbish in it. OK, maybe I do miss YouTube a bit. But what the heck, I've been reading this:

Photobucket

So...yeah. I hate my clients. For keeping me occupied and away from this graphic novel. I've seen the movie and I have to say, it's pretty damn close to the movie. Panel for panel. Albeit the ending is different.
_______________________________________________

The mole had a dinner party at the Jelly's last weekend. He's been freeloading off the Jelly close to 4-weeks now. Perhaps maybe he was feeling a bit bad for not contributing something back. So he cooked.

Now, those who were at Zach's during Boxing Day in 2004 -- the day before the Tsunami hit our shores -- would remember that the Mole had cooked and disappointed a lot of people with that alluring smell of fried chicken. How is that disappointing? Imagine sinking your teeth in one of the best damn fried chicken smell you've ever smelt and only to taste paper.

"Should we have a backup plan?" says one.

I tell him it would be a great idea, "Yes, surely!"

He attempted Chicken Cordon Bleu. And in all honesty. It was sublime. Not only it had a taste, it actually tasted damn good, "Anything with cheese would taste good lah," one tells me, trying to steal this thunder.

"Well, you gotta give it to him," I tried to defend him, "At least there's taste this time," I conclude.

However, he made each piece waaaay too thick and the stove was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaay too hot. As a result of that, the meat wasn't entirely cooked, "I guess at the end of the day he still messed it up," I say. Which he did. At the center of this Cordon Bleu was raw chicken. In which I ate, assuming it's ham or something.

In the end, we still had to order Dominos.

No comments: