Monday, 20 April 2009

Gentle, Breezy Embrace

Caution: This can be really cheesy. But I thought it was rather – interesting. Last weekend, JM and me planned a trip back to Penang. But due to unforeseen last minute obligations and sheer laziness, we opted to cancel the trip and wait for the Labour Day long weekend.

Couple of days later, I explained to JM that how Penang has its way with you, “It’s strange how if you can’t go to Penang,” says I, “Penang might just come to you!”

Perplexed and suspecting I was under some sort of influence, he responded, “Errr, I don’t quite follow man,”

I explained, “You know I have a Penang flag stuck on the wall in my room, right?” one of my recent trips back to the island, I was with mom in Young Ones which is along Burma Road. I purchased 2 Penang flags there, just for kicks. Because it was cheap. And I was feeling very patriotic to the island, “I woke up on Saturday morning draped by the flag.” Incidentally, if we had go according, we would be in Penang by then.

“Woah.”

“I know! It was strangely comforting waking up with the flag as a makeshift (albeit lousy) blankie,” I concluded.

That made my day.

Now I feel obligated to buy a flag each for each of my friends from Penang currently outside of the island. Yeah, you laugh now. Wait till you wake up one morning draped by its gentle, breezy embrace. Then you’ll know what I am yapping about.

No comments: