“So do you think it’s worth it?” I ask.
“Sounds really awesome, I mean, look at all the people in the office,” he says as he takes a deep breath and ready himself to finish another bowl of Wanton Soup.
As hesitant as I may be, “You know, what he said to us earlier when we were having our discussion made perfect sense. I mean, the first step is always the hardest.” We gorge down our Wanton Mee.
“I hate to admit it, but,” I paused to take a sip of my drink, “One of the things in life that I’m afraid of is change.”
But yet again, to some extent, aren’t we all are? Afraid to lose ourselves, afraid that we’d turned into the demons we hate. Afraid of death. ‘Cos, if you think of it, it is quite similar. It happened to me once. It wasn’t the change that scared me, but the fact I did not realized. I was just like everybody else. No flair, not unique just stereotype.
My life since day one has been one accident after another. I can tell you, I have never once though of venturing into advertising in my life, not even once, until I enrolled for a design college. Though I’ve always had a thing for art with the ability of finishing mom’s huge stack of A4 in just about a day.
From wanting to be a garbage truck collector (‘cos when you are four years old, those trucks looks so damn cool with all the mechanics and well, other stuff) to being a pilot, businessman, network engineer and so on. But I finally landed myself as a graphic designer.
Now that I’m in advertising, to be frank, for once, it felt right. The work, the stress, the joy, the heartache and everything else in-between. It could be a test, it could be my get-out card. It could be anything, really.
“Aren’t we all afraid of change?” he continues, lighting a Dunhill, taking a drag, “I’m afraid of it too,” he concludes and puffs out a cloud of smoke.
“So what should we do?” I asked, dropping my Marlboro and stomping it, “I’ve got something to lose, it’s harder for me to take that first step, you don’t.”
In the end, I guess it’s a test of intention, true intentions. Because you can’t spend you’re entire life chasing money. You won’t catch it. So, solution?
You make it.
Which you could make it, at any job, at any time. It’s just a question of loyalty and faith. And also determination.
“Sounds really awesome, I mean, look at all the people in the office,” he says as he takes a deep breath and ready himself to finish another bowl of Wanton Soup.
As hesitant as I may be, “You know, what he said to us earlier when we were having our discussion made perfect sense. I mean, the first step is always the hardest.” We gorge down our Wanton Mee.
“I hate to admit it, but,” I paused to take a sip of my drink, “One of the things in life that I’m afraid of is change.”
But yet again, to some extent, aren’t we all are? Afraid to lose ourselves, afraid that we’d turned into the demons we hate. Afraid of death. ‘Cos, if you think of it, it is quite similar. It happened to me once. It wasn’t the change that scared me, but the fact I did not realized. I was just like everybody else. No flair, not unique just stereotype.
My life since day one has been one accident after another. I can tell you, I have never once though of venturing into advertising in my life, not even once, until I enrolled for a design college. Though I’ve always had a thing for art with the ability of finishing mom’s huge stack of A4 in just about a day.
From wanting to be a garbage truck collector (‘cos when you are four years old, those trucks looks so damn cool with all the mechanics and well, other stuff) to being a pilot, businessman, network engineer and so on. But I finally landed myself as a graphic designer.
Now that I’m in advertising, to be frank, for once, it felt right. The work, the stress, the joy, the heartache and everything else in-between. It could be a test, it could be my get-out card. It could be anything, really.
“Aren’t we all afraid of change?” he continues, lighting a Dunhill, taking a drag, “I’m afraid of it too,” he concludes and puffs out a cloud of smoke.
“So what should we do?” I asked, dropping my Marlboro and stomping it, “I’ve got something to lose, it’s harder for me to take that first step, you don’t.”
In the end, I guess it’s a test of intention, true intentions. Because you can’t spend you’re entire life chasing money. You won’t catch it. So, solution?
You make it.
Which you could make it, at any job, at any time. It’s just a question of loyalty and faith. And also determination.
No comments:
Post a Comment