You know you’re all worked out when your friends stop calling you at night, assuming you’re still at work – which is the case most of the time anyway – and go ahead with their plans.
Last night, we finally had that dinner with our (Ju’s) aunt (my cousin, though she should be my aunt, but you know I have a weird family tree). It’ll be strange however it turns out, whatever gifts she’ll buy for me. It’s not that I’m shallow or superficial, it’s just that, despite being cousins, she is after all just a stranger to me. I do not know her. My first sight of her was a photograph of her and my sister (when sis was only 2). All my knowledge about her was hearing stories told from my parents or my other cousins. So I have this mixed up, collage rendition of her. It'll be great to hear it from her instead. Get my facts straight.
She did unintentionally say that I was snobbish towards her, jokingly. But that’s me when I was young, “I wasn’t being snobbish lah, I’m just one blur child when we last met,” I said. “I like to stare at things when I was young. And leave when I lose interest,” I guess that’s why observe things so well.
Like all family dinner we have, everyone likes gunning down Ju with her somewhat unconventional lifestyle. Me, of course, the angel…I get nothing. But of course, I do suspect they know I’m not as angelic as it seems. Maybe my height intimidates them.
Then there’s A, my cousin's cool aussie-boyfriend.
At Parkroyal, when he came over to our room to pickup his stash, I can’t help but feeling all weird. Even though we all do it – putting a different persona in front of family – it’s just strange seeing someone else doing it too. I think he was expecting some sort of goodbye or good night family hug when he was gonna head back up. It didn’t register in my head, so I just sat there, on the other end of the room, “Alright, have a good night!” and remain seated with my bloodshot red eyes (fatigue + beer!), though it seems like he was gonna come over. Sim was still blabbing about something, but I wasn’t really listening. My thoughts were loud. Not out loud. He seems disappointed and that made me feel bad. But I was too drunk and stoned at that time.
Oh, and I watched Casino Royale the other day. I must say, that first chase scene was kinda, extreme, no? Come on. From snake pit to crane top. WTF?! The car didn’t last very long too. Isn’t it the same bloody Aston Martin from the previous movie? And to those who don't know, that black dude is a YAMAKAZI, they do that. Run around, jumping up weird places and all.
I just can’t wait for the week to be over. Deadlines the whole week. Whole week! Gah! At least our pay arrived today.
No comments:
Post a Comment