Tuesday, 22 May 2007

TV

This week, the 2 new girls are off for their weeklong escape from employment. While the senior staffs are all stuck here, slowly descending into a full-blown fuck-we’re-so-screwed- here’s-to-a- week-of- sleepless-nights horror. Scary.

But I’m not here to talk about that. Because it’s only Tuesday and I still a good 4 and a half days to go. To see if we can pull off another great escape. Surviving the unrelenting world of advertising.

I’m here to share something cool with you guys. Recently, our fucking-scam beloved satellite TV provider, Astro, decided, “Hey, let’s charge these helpless people for the 9 new channels we’ve given them.” Quite frankly, the 9 new channels are just fillers. What’s worst is that their forcing it down our throats. I mean, how much gossips can you take-in? I don’t really care if Angelina Jolie used hair spray to spray her shoes so she doesn’t slip off from ‘em ever so tricky heels. Or how to build my entire house with no one else helping but my power tools and wife. Don’t we have that already in Channel 11? You can’t expect us to stay glued to the set for 24/7 with this ‘additional’ range of channels. Harap lah.

They say the increase would be around the range of RM5 to RM10, but hey, looky looky, the bill doesn’t sing the same tune to me. My bill, from RM84.95 is gonna ballooned up to RM98.95! Do the math and you’ll realize someone is singing off-key here. Despite the RM14 increase, it still fucks up during rain. So where’s the justification? On the 9 channels? Wasn’t it FREE?

Sadly, we’re not united and won’t dare to boycott Astro and live without it for even a month. If only everyone is willing to do without Astro for a month, we’d get our message across. Loud and clear.

And frankly, what happened to MiTV? So much for being a threat and rival to Astro. They just need to be blatantly honest with themselves. They have THE worst and most unexciting range of channels. Update a bit lah, now its MiTV chance to shine. If you miss this boat, it’ll be another long wait.

So back to me sharing something cool with you guys. A week ago, I was telling Zach’s dad (ZD) about Panasonic bargains. Then he asked me, “Have you heard of Joost?” he says that it will soon take-over YouTube, in terms of popularity.

But sadly, “You need to get an invite to test the BETA version,” says ZD, “I’ll ask one of the bloggers to invite you too when I get mine.”

Days later, I got an invite on my email. Excited, I went to the site and downloaded the program to run Joost. And yesterday, just as we were about the pack-up and call it a day, I tested Joost. And proceeded to watch, Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Edition.

Man, those Brazilian chicks are damn bloody hot.
For those who are clueless, Joost is an internet TV provider. Clarity ain’t that bad, if you ain’t too demanding. Hey, afterall, it’s still BETA version. And maybe, just maybe, we can finally say, “Astro, go fuck youself and I’m gonna send your dish to some third-world nation for them to use it as an umbrella.” Hey, at least it finally works in the rain.

Go to www.joost.com to find out more

No comments: