Thursday, 31 May 2007

Let Me Go Home

I came to conclusion that I’m officially burnt out after going thru a somewhat hellish week and a half -- short on designers -- when I did not even come close of scoring a single goal during last night’s futsal outing.

What’s worse is that I’ve twisted my left angle trying to take a shot on the left. How did it happen? I’m right footed. Go figure.

And let’s not go into dribbling. I completely lost the plot. I like to think it was because Gan was in my team. But strangely enough, it wasn’t like what I expected.

You see, Gan is a talented footballer. I’ll give him that. All rounded, strong and skilled. OK, maybe not all, he does suck as a goalie. So, the thing about Gan is that he almost never passes the ball. And even if he did, he has to meticulously contemplate the decision to pass. And when he finally makes a decision, the opponents would see it coming and stick a leg out to block. So all in all, playing in Gan’s team is like going for a jog on the pitch. A lot of running up and down and no ball-play, at all. Maybe some cameo shots now and then. That’s all.

But yesterday, he shocked everyone with his quick passes, one-touch, link-ups and almost no solo effort. And despite the abundance of assists I got from him. I could not net any one of those. Maybe I was still in shock. I did kick a lot of feet though.

I did – oh thankfully – net in one goal at the end. I just smashed it from my half and in straight center. Though the goalie was already packing up to leave…it still counts!

On the drive back, I thought to myself, what an awful game tonight was. One goal, heaps of missed chances and feet-kicking.

“Maybe I’m burnt out from work,” I say to myself. The bike next to me looks at me and gave me one bloody weird look. My window was down. Jeez, can’t people talk to themselves anymore? I sped off when green illuminated. Jeez Meng, when you talk to yourself, make sure the window is up.

I arrive back home and showered, watch some Little Britain before finally collapsing into an intense slumber. Only to drag myself to work today only to find out that my clients were on-leave too. Bloody hell.

I’m so going home.

No comments: