Boy, was I painfully wrong.
Being the creative bloke that I am (or like to assume), I manipulated the comforter, folded it in such a way to form a makeshift bolster. It was terribly edgy. My mind is having none of it, I need a real pillow if not a bolster. To add insult to injury, the boss beat me to it. Why can't hotels place TWO extra pillows? Bastards.
---------------
On the drive back to Penang, we were somewhere in the middle of Ipoh, after having taking a nap I woke up and said to the boss, who's busy chasing down this Isuzu 3.0 Pickup which overtook his Hilux effortlessly, chanting, "Bastard, bastard, bastard," every single kilometer of the way as the Isuzu comfortably pulled further and further away. Eventually he conceded defeat.
We arrive at the mid-way point toll, "Dude, do you think Malaysia is the only country in the world that pays tolls?" I ask.
He zaps his Touch 'n Go card and floored the pedal, somehow I think he is still keen on chasing that bloody Thai-plat Isuzu, "I think we're the only country in the world that have so much tolls," he mutters out, "In New Zealand, you have tolls as well, but it's a rare sight."
And for some peculiar reason, the conversation veered into his ex-girlfriend in New Zealand, "Aaah, KT, oh KT," says he as he romanticize about the past
"Hello, I ask you about tolls and you went back all the way to New Zealand. How is that my fault?"
"I don't think we can catch that Isuzu anymore."
"I need a smoke."
No comments:
Post a Comment