I've never been a big fan of chain-letters. Or those random messages you get from your friends on Friendster, saying, "If you don't forward this message to 96837682 people in the next few days, your account would be deemed inactive and thus deleted."
People actually believe this?
Come on, losing an account in cyberspace isn't the end of the world, you know. After all, there's Facebook!
This morning, I got a chain-letter. Of all person, it came from Juls -- Ju, I'm utterly disappointed at you! :P
It came with a animated GIF attached to it. It has 2 angels, one pulling, one pushing a snow sled while it is snowing. I didn't quite bother reading anything else apart from the I WILL RECEIVE A CALL IN 5-MINUTES AFTER I SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTOOM OF THIS EMAIL. I screw all the steps, I went straight to the bottom.
It tells me to make a wish and then I will get a phone call. So I just did for the fun of it.
To my horror, my bloody phone did ring. It was Naomie.
"Meng ah, how do I rip a DVD into my Macbook?" she asks.
Still shocked and recovering from it, "Ummm, go to download.com and lookup for a software called Hardbrake," I replied.
I could sort of hear her fingers tapping on the keyboard, "Oh OK, let me check see if I got Internet connection or not."
"You know, you scared the hell out of me," I said as I went on telling her about the chain-letter, how I would receive a call and my wish would supposedly come true, "Well, you're suppose to grant me of my wishes."
"Hahaha, really? What did you wished for?" she asks me.
I replied, "To go New Zealand!"
"Your wish is my command!" she grants my wish.
"Woo hoo!"
Man. If I do end up there. I'm so saving this email for later use in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment