Monday, 12 November 2007

Sharing Nightmares

My dreams never make sense. Just last night, I had a dream that didn't make any sense. Actually it was more than one, but you know how easily dreams can be forgotten as the day wears on. But I remember this particular one.

The scene was at my old house - it looked like it was 10 years ago when it was neater and not so packed with cars which owners have faulted their loans by 3 months - it was just about 100m off the gates as for some reason, I found myself standing there, waiting for something. I saw my car driving towards me. Someone else was driving my car. The car was parked next to this pondok near this kopitiam inside the fishing village of Tanjung Tokong. Of all people, I saw Ju coming out. I couldn't help but notice a monumental vertical scratch on the side of the car, "Hi Meng!" she greeted me as I slowly made my way towards her.

I walked pass her and went to check the car's interior - for some reason, I knew it was my car and was baffled that in this dream, I knew it wasn't exactly MY car - and picked up the mat and begin to smash it on the ground to remove all dust and debris, "Ju, I would appreciate it if you invested a tiny wee bit of time in the car's cleanliness," I snapped at her, "I'm not even gonna ask you about the bloody scratch!"

She gave me that pathetic 5-year old sorry look as I walked around and spot another thing, "Ju, didn't I told you about parking under a tree?!"

Still maintaining that pathetic sorry look, "Yeah..." she wiggled, "Bird crap will rain down on the car if so," she justified, "I thought you'd appreciate me keeping the car out of the sun."

"Well at least the sun won't shit on the car, right?" I snapped, "For god sake Ju, if we're gonna share a car at least keep in CLEAN on my behalf!"

WTF?! We're sharing a car? My car? And I still live in Tg. Tokong? To be honest, it was more like a nightmare. I don't think I want to know what this nightmare is trying to tell me. But there is some truth to it. Truth #1, I do keep my car clean but not obsessively. #2, Ju does have a dirty car. Her brand new Myvi looks much older than my 5-year old Kelisa.

No comments: