But anyway, for those who did...remember there was this one episode where Lynette insisted that his husband, Tom to take a break after exhausting himself with setting up his own pizza parlour. And that she insisted she would keep to his demands and not make any changes to his concept, decor and so on. Yeah...so...
Came the opening night (or was it a soft launch) the chairs which they book did not arrive and Lynette scrambled and borrowed chairs from all over Wysteria Lane and placed it in the shop. Yeah. From garden chairs to stately dinner chairs from Gaby to stools.
So where am I going with this, you might wonder. Well, last weekend, I took a trip to KL for some business, to unwind and to have a post-New Year celebration since most of us had a terrible, if not a quiet and low-key New Year, apart from each other.
So on Saturday, we did the whole lot. Watched AVP2 (Alien v. Predator 2) which wasn't bad to be honest, in fact, it was ruthlessly good. It's what the first should have been. The bit when the Predator shook hands with the humans in part 1 spoilt was what already a disaster of cheesy acting, bad dialogue and tacky plots. After the movie, we had dinner at Ian's uncle's place somewhere. Till this day, I have no idea which part of KL it is. Apart from ordering like a bunch of hungry African kids, we also couldn't resist the towering Beer Tower.
"We MUST have this!" insist Adil followed by a sinister, almost borderline pedophile smile as he clutch his hands together.
After dinner, we went to the local 7-Eleven nearby to buy some mixers before shooting off to Adil's for some pre-drinking session. Originally, we were due at Laundry, which is just a stone's throw away. But like how Man Utd won their treble at the very last minute, our plans were changed by our "Party Agent" of the night, Adil.
"Have you guys heard of Palette Palette?" he asks, sitting on the floor in between in Ikea sofa and Ikea lazy chair.
None of us have heard of it before and were rather skeptical about it. And it was waaaay too far. In KL.
"Dudes, trust me, it's this awesome chillout place with great music and all," he tries to justify, "It's near where No Black Tie is,"
Still not very convinced. And still very much at Adil's. We were supposed to leave 30-minutes ago when we said, "We should go in 5,"
In the end, we all agreed. After all, it's Adil. He knows...
So back to the Desperate Housewives where Lynette messed up the chairs.
Palette Palette was like that. It houses random art and none of the tables or chairs there match! Each and everyone was different. From stately chairs to classic kampung round elastic chairs to kindergarden stools and mini stools. It was uber-awesome! The drinks are fairly priced, waiters a bit spaced out at times, but that adds charm to the place. And the toilets have at least 20 locks. You know like those cartoon shows where they have a paranoid character locking up 20 different locks on the same door. Yeah, I actually tried to utilize all. Just for kicks. I stopped at no. 3 when I really gotta go...

In the end, we got our proper New Year's celebration. Albeit a week late. But hey, good things happen to people who wait, right? Heh. The bill came up to abt RM500+ and I am quite sure I paid half of it. I didn't even had that much. OK maybe I did. But it was waaay worth it.
Gotsa love that picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment