Wednesday, 30 July 2008

The Lion Slays The Tiger

Photobucket

"Cha, we are so late!" the neh winged, "The jam is insane!"

It surely was. The jam unleashed it's mercilessness at the Federal Highway - Shah Alam toll. We were literally crawling to the stadium, "Neh," I looked at him with a slight disgust, "I can't believe you're so eager. It's not even Man U,"

"But still!"

"I know," I sigh.

20-or-so-minutes later, somehow, someway we actually found quite a decent parking spot. Considering that it's about a 15-minute walk, we did alright. The jam did took quite a toll on our enthusiasm. But that was only temporary, the closer we get the more we could hear the stadium's cheer. The louder it got, the quicker we plod.

"OH. MY. GOD.," I just couldn't stop smiling as I looked over to JM and Neh, "Can you believe this? Listen..."

Huuuu Haaaaa Huuuuu Haaaaa

As we walked to our gate, we pass by at least 8 gates, and each gate gave us a glimpse of the game that has already kicked off 25-or-so-minutes ago, "SHIT, SHIT, SHIT," I would start to lose my cool, "I can see the game! OMG OMG OMG," yeah, I can't imagine how I would feel if that was Man Utd.

Finally, we got to our seating area. JM was rather uncomfortable and was quite keen on moving higher up, where there are seats. You could sense Neh was already comfortable and a bit kiasu about it cause despite sitting the stairs, we had quite an alright view, "Let's move lah dude, we're blocking traffic.

We stood up hastily and seemed like we were gonna make a dash for those seats up there, which was about 10 meters away. But low and behold, 4 seats presented itself to us, and all we have to do was stand up, turn around, and take 2 steps.

We felt rather foolish we hadn't noticed it earlier.

After what seem like forever, and 3 solid rounds of the infamous Mexican waves, the game resumed.

Photobucket

As for our beloved National team, a lot was left to be desired. Unmotivated display, predictable passes, rugby-type shots on goal and hapless defending. I did say if we lose 0-2, we could consider that as a win. But how Chelsea won it made us look really silly. They seem to be jogging around, passing for fun while the National team we left chasing an elusive white blur which is the ball.

However, all in all, it was an experience. One I will never forget. Shame it wasn't Man Utd.

Photobucket

And I still have my voice, phew.

No comments: