There. I finally did it. After 4 hours of non-stop, back-to-back, visiting shops after shops with mom, I bought an indoor fountain thingy. It was fairly overdue; I just couldn’t bear staring at an empty aquarium anymore, if not dead floating fishes. See, my dad constructed a shelve where on the top; he made a little space to place his aquarium.
“I’m gonna deck out this aquarium with loads of décor and nice exotic fishes.” says dad.
But time and time again, one by one of them fishes died. I can’t even remember how many lohans (flower-horns) we’ve had (including that really fierce somersaulting one that Tuck loves to play with) plus all the other fishes, which includes 5 parrot fish, 2 gold fish, 1 koi and one fresh water turtle. OK, we did not have all of them at one go. We have different phases. But that’s basically the total of fishes that we’ve had and died. Plus the cute little turtle too.
“Haiyah! This aquarium is cursed!” says mom.
I couldn’t agree more. They just keep dying even though my dad washes the tank every week, no kidding. And dad…never quite had it decked out. In fact, he never quite did anything apart from collecting some fancy looking stones and the reef/coral poster I bought for them to stick it at the back of the aquarium. So, enough of empty promises, out the tank goes, in comes the fancy looking indoor water fountain. The salesman calls it a Water Display. OK fine, water display. Then he went on;
"Wah! So tall ah! Must play basketball hor?"
Looky looky, stating the obvious and I HATE BASKETBALL! I play FOOTBALL.
"Oh, why never go national or state level?"
I would if there wasn't so much politics involved in it. Hey! We had Mr. Moey Yoke Ham coaching us. He was like The Man back then. The guy that made Penang FC into a real title-contending team again. But anyway, somethings are never meant to happen. So we hung up our boots (not literally) and went on the pursue a more realistic future with less politics involved in it.
I have to admit though…
*Someone please shoot me*
I got the idea from Lillian Too.
I know, I know…but hey! When it was CNY, every channel you surf thru has her in it. And you can’t help but acquire a tip or two, unintentionally. Apparently, its good feng shui to have water flowing inside the house…with represents something…something good, I can’t remember what was it. And I wanted to replace the aquarium, so might as well get a water fountain display (err, whatever they call it).
Will get a picture up soon :)
“I’m gonna deck out this aquarium with loads of décor and nice exotic fishes.” says dad.
But time and time again, one by one of them fishes died. I can’t even remember how many lohans (flower-horns) we’ve had (including that really fierce somersaulting one that Tuck loves to play with) plus all the other fishes, which includes 5 parrot fish, 2 gold fish, 1 koi and one fresh water turtle. OK, we did not have all of them at one go. We have different phases. But that’s basically the total of fishes that we’ve had and died. Plus the cute little turtle too.
“Haiyah! This aquarium is cursed!” says mom.
I couldn’t agree more. They just keep dying even though my dad washes the tank every week, no kidding. And dad…never quite had it decked out. In fact, he never quite did anything apart from collecting some fancy looking stones and the reef/coral poster I bought for them to stick it at the back of the aquarium. So, enough of empty promises, out the tank goes, in comes the fancy looking indoor water fountain. The salesman calls it a Water Display. OK fine, water display. Then he went on;
"Wah! So tall ah! Must play basketball hor?"
Looky looky, stating the obvious and I HATE BASKETBALL! I play FOOTBALL.
"Oh, why never go national or state level?"
I would if there wasn't so much politics involved in it. Hey! We had Mr. Moey Yoke Ham coaching us. He was like The Man back then. The guy that made Penang FC into a real title-contending team again. But anyway, somethings are never meant to happen. So we hung up our boots (not literally) and went on the pursue a more realistic future with less politics involved in it.
I have to admit though…
*Someone please shoot me*
I got the idea from Lillian Too.
I know, I know…but hey! When it was CNY, every channel you surf thru has her in it. And you can’t help but acquire a tip or two, unintentionally. Apparently, its good feng shui to have water flowing inside the house…with represents something…something good, I can’t remember what was it. And I wanted to replace the aquarium, so might as well get a water fountain display (err, whatever they call it).
Will get a picture up soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment