Wednesday, 5 April 2006

The Numbers

For some reason last night, my parents decided to watch the second season of Lost with me. Originally, it was my dad who got me hook to the first season. But they showed it on Thursday nights then, when it was also known as Tuckday to some of us. So watching it every week was not possible since we play Futsal on that day. “Meng ah, this show is fantastic man! It’s like Gilligan’s Island without the comedy, but drama!” that was what dad said to me once while I was packing my football boots and socks.

“Got Polar Bear somemore wan!”

But I figured my parents (especially mom) have been watching too much of it. I was out with mom today running some errands, “Meng ah, stop by Toto on the way home, yeah? I wanna buy number,” she said to me. I was driving, thinking, maybe I should get one too. Just for fun, who knows right? And since I already have the numbers in my head, might as well try it out. Because in season 2, these numbers kept appearing on screen, its one of the plots.

Just when I was gonna suggest to my mom to buy that number. I saw her holding a small piece of paper with number written on it. I peeked. Ohmygawd.

“MOM! YOU’RE BUYING THIS NUMBER TOO?!?!?!”

She was gonna buy the same number that I was gonna buy. “Aiyah, I watch Lost and these numbers kept appearing over and over again,” she justifies. “Just try lah, who knows.”

4 8 15 16 23 42, it’s the number the fat guy uses to win US$156Mil and also the number written on the hatch. Oh, they use the number to stop some timer too.

No comments: