Wednesday, 11 October 2006

Because I Just Feel Like Writting

It has been an emotional roller coaster ride of late. I can’t seem to keep a consistent need, attitude and state of mind. It’s funny how one can feel so blissful and be so miserable in a space of just a few days.

Puffing a light cloud of smoke, she says “But this isn’t what you want,” while she slowly extends her arm, creating a distant between her and the cigarette, sitting on the steps.

I realize where she is coming from, we’ve talked about this before, “I know. This isn’t what I want if it does prove to be just another game,” I declare, “But god knows why I keep falling back into the vicious cycle,” I sighed and lean against the wall behind me which cause my arm and black t-shirt to stain -- of white. I guess you do have to be careful of what you wish for.

Gazing into the horizon, I spot rain, “The rain is heading our way,” Now that’s a sudden change in topic.

Then we talked about a certain medical condition that was featured in House, which then I made a random remark, “I just don’t want to get close with my phone, again,” knowing that my past failures are due to that. For some, it helps -- but for others, it can be very destructive. It has been very vindictive to me. Not to mention the dent on my account. I don’t want to go down that alleyway all over again.

My phone sings to the tune of Bob Marley’s Is This Love. How ironic.
Ah Liew’s picture appears; I pick up, “Supp matcha?”

“MatchAaAAaAaaaa…” he shrieks in his usual but sometimes strange sense of enthusiasm, “Eh, I ask you something ah…”

“Supp?”

“The other day, got thunderstorm…very loud, then now my PC cannot turn on, no signal at all lah! How?! @#$”

With my superior knowledge in computers -- I said, “Your comp is fried, dude.”

“Proper fried?”

“Most probably. Yeah.”

“Oh fuck,” his voice dims into a subterranean gloom, “What about the modem?? How can I know for sure it’s fried??” refusing to admit defeat.

“Open up the CPU and check it out lah,” I propose.

Saddened by the bad news, he went on, “Aduh, if all fry how ah??”

“Usually it’s the power supply only lah, but who knows…shit happens.”

Coming to terms with it, he snaps out from his gloominess, “OK, OK, nevermind, let’s go for lunch one of these days, a good lunch, my repayment for the logo you did for me.”

I did forget to design the logo for him until he called again. Have been busy with work now that the festive seasons are coming unrelentingly – but lucky me, I manage to make up for lost time and still come up with something pretty.

Good lunch, eh? Hahah, ok TAU KEH. Sure. But soon lah, I’m going to KL this Friday.” I replied.

“Oh you are?”

“Yeah I am,” I told him while holding my ticket, playing with the light bouncing off the glossy paper they use. Trying to catch my reflection.

“Cool man, cool,” he says, “Have fun man, we’ll lunch tomorrow lah, cool?”

“Oh, I sure will. And let's eat kau kau tomorrow!”

Just after we hung up, I noticed the ticket reads, ‘Seat No.: 21’
Crap. Not again. It’s that bloody seat above the wheel/suspension/next to the emergency exit.

No comments: