But I did receive a lil email from Mr. Blogspot telling me that I could now hide certain entries and limit access…interesting stuff. It’s about bloody time.
I’ve been bombarded with so much work that I burst into laughter (in my head only), thinking that this is just about as bad as it could get. Then that’s when shit happens. Now, I’m covering for my colleagues while they themselves are chasing their clients, chasing their freedom. Sounds a bit melodramatic, innit? But that’s the reality. They, the clients, are not the freedom we are hunting, but of what they stand for which is the work that we dread but ultimately it is what we were paid to do and when it’s done, that’s when we expect some sense of liberation at the end of it. Just to justify everything, make sense of it all and recharge.
-------------------------------------------
“You know, you should really give this a go,” says her on my mobile, now so over-heated, it feels like a mini ear-heater for rainy days, just for one ear, “you’re so stretchy.”
I would have preferred the phrase bendy, “Hah, so that means I don’t have to,” trying to get out from it, because in my head, it’s bordering the line and I don’t feel comfortable getting into weird angles and sustaining. But her perseverance got the best of me, “OK OK, I’ll do it if it means so much to you.” But I did want to check it out, just for the fun of it, for experience…and maybe show-off a little, just a little. Really. Not everyone is born bendy. Now my back hurts.
-------------------------------------------
We have an article coming up in The Star’s BizWeek section, after Raya. So be sure to check it out. No, we didn’t write an article; they wrote one…a wee bit about us (mostly him) and about advertising in Penang. But when we travelled down to KL, in this fella’s car, I knew it would be impossible to even get a sentence in the article. He’s a 30-year veteran in the field, heck, his work-age is older than my age! I’d be lucky to even get a word. So the whole trip, I psyched myself out for poses. Call it Plan B. Since Audrey says I feed on attention, not seek it, why the hell not? After all, they are gonna get the whole page to themselves. I’m more camera-friendly anyway, let me have the shots :P, eh, I pasang ok…now come to think of it, what was with the emo pose anyway?
The photographer goes around shooting our photographs the minute we arrive, “Oh yes, oh yes, own it, own it,” he mutters, “Own the shot, oh yeah marvellous…”
Wah, damn rock star.
I saw him aiming and focusing on me before recomposing in most shots -- I get the impression I’m in focus and everyone else is blurred out. Oh, that’d be uber-cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment