About a week or two ago -- the monitor started to show signs of age. I was seeing yellow. No, nothing wrong with me eyes. Assuming one of the colour channels are fucked, my screen has a strong yellow-ish tint to it. Heck, everything was yellow, the iPod nano wallpaper I had, showcasing the new colours of green, blue, pink, silver and black, was all in different shades of yellow -- and gold.
At times like these, tasks like Googling becomes impossible. I can’t see the difference between sites I have visited and those I have not.
All in all, the monitor is fucked. Proper fucked.
Have been looking around for LCD monitors with at least 800:1 contrast ratio (1000:1 would be awesome!). No, I’m not materialistic and not the type that won’t settle for mediocrity. It’s just that I have a handful of freelance design stuff coming up and I need a really sharp and accurate LCD monitor. Let's face it, most LCDs these days still can't compete with CRT's clarity and accuracy. Plus, I’m a designer, a graphic designer. I need clarity! Besides, LCD are so slim -- imagine the extra desk space.
Today…after washing my car (shaddup drey), I turn on the monitor.
Well what do you know…
The monitor decided to unfucked itself.
But after 5 minutes
It fucked itself up again. Yellow was in once more.
But I forgot that all things technology always – always has one easy quick fix. You don’t need to have superior knowledge in technology or a big time nerd.
All you need is your fist (or foot) and give it a swift punch (slap or kick).
Voula!
All is well now.
I should start my own business.
No comments:
Post a Comment