Tuesday, 20 March 2007

Monkey See Monkey Do

Half-dozen of frogs.
A plastic stool.
A couple of cats.
Copious amount of insects.

and my personal favourite, a Bat.

Of course, the above mentioned animals and household item aren't my pets. I mean come on, who would have a pet plastic stool? Crazy ah? Maybe if you're clinically stressed you just might have one. But that's not the point...

The point is...
Those creatures (and household item) has been unfortunate enough to have meet the front side of my car. The bumper or number plat to be exact. Through the course of a couple (maybe more) years I've road kill (and road smash) all the above mentioned. Yes, thats not a typo, I did killed a bat before. Really.

Now, to add to the illustrious list of Meng's Roadkill, as of this morning, another somewhat exotic animal has been inducted into the List. This morning, as I hesitated to leave my house, mainly 'cos I keep forgetting to bring some stuff required for a photoshoot, barely 200m down the mountain road where I live, out-of-nowhere, this enormous-dog-sized black monkey with white spots on his eyes came rushing out of the bushes and immediately sprinted to the road, "Sounds like a pathetic and cheesy Panda wannabe," Ian describes it.

Lo and behold, the front of my car shows up in full 50km/h downhill.

I saw.
I freaked.
I brake.

And I hit.

I've ran over a cat before, and this doesn't feel anything like it. It's disgusting, horrible and well, that thing was HUGE man. Of course, being human, I manage to get a quick glance at the damage. It didn't die...yet, i think. But it was crawling, squirming and seemingly in a bad condition.

It was horrible.

Right after the ewwws and arghhhs subsided, JM asked if I have checked my car for any damage or any hanging limbs or bit and pieces. I refused, mainly because I'm still shooked up, "I need a stronger cup of coffee man," but alas, I needed to refuel. Eventually (barely 5 minutes later), I went down and checked out.

There was nothing. No scratch, no dents, no cracks. However, there was a speck of blood on my number plat. Oddly enough, the blood stain was on the no. 9. Which in chinese, its pronounced, "KAU" which means monkey.

I'm so gonna go buy 4D man! I'll donate some to the Monkey Association or something. I'll keep the rest. "See you in the Bahamas, yeah?" I told Ian the Jelly-Man.

Here's my million dollar moment! Woooo...

R.I.P. Monkey. (Yes, SPCA was notified.)

No comments: