
His body was half way out of the car, which was probably cruising at about 50 to 70 km/h at least as they approach the mid-span of the bridge, “I WISH FOR A GIRLFRIEND WHO WOULD MAKE ME COFFEE EVERY MORNING!” he yells out and toss a coin.
According to him, you need to make a wish (you may or may not shout it out, its up to you) and with a coin in hand (this is also subjective, but we like to think the higher the value the better) and try to toss/flick it in-between any of the cables from the 2 arches.
And your wish shall come true.
That was a while ago before they got along, “So did it came true?” I ask with a coin in my hand. He turns his head over, grinning from ear-to-ear. Immediately I knew the answer, “Dammit, drive slower,” with my hair completely out of shape due to the wind I stuck out my hand and took aim, “Come on, come on, come on,” and flicked. It went straight up and to the other direction, “CRAP!” I yelled because I obviously can’t flick a coin for shit.
On the same night, after dropping off Kenneth, we noticed this cute somewhat full grown dog standing in front of some house along Lembah Permai, “Looks like he’s trying to get back into the house,” I joked to JM.
“Kesian the fella la, it’s raining!” JM says.
On the next day, we met up with Kenneth at Arati’s along with Vig. Joining me, JM, Roby and Gan, “Dude, you look like shit!” statement directed at Kenneth.
As he adjusted his shades, “You had no idea what happened yesterday night after you guys left!” took a sip of Carlsberg, “I saw this mongrel knocking, clawing and whining outside the gate,” he tells us. He thought it was some stray dog desperate for shelter and he couldn’t care any less, “Then after awhile, it just sat there as if giving up,” filled to the brim with pity, he decided to brace the rain and let that mongrel in, “Kesian lah!”
(Shit, this is the same dog we saw last night!)
But little did he know after cleaning her up, she’s a almost-full-grown-shining golden retriever! Albeit a little sick and skinny, “She’s been left out there for at least a few days!” he tells us as he conducted his CSI, “There are scratch marks on her nose which indicates she’s been shoving her face inside garbage bins for food,”
“Maybe she was in a fight?” says JM.
“If it was a fight, she would have bruises, scratch marks all over her!”
They aptly named her, Friday. Because she was rescued on the worst day possible – on a dark, rainy Friday the 13th. She has been adopted by one of aunty Sue’s friend and she should be on her way to recovery after the trip to the vet.
After the wedding lunch, as we were making our way back to KL, we found ourselves approaching the mid-span again. This time, he wasn’t with us. But Vig is, “Are you guys ready?” as I grab myself a coin.
“What are you gonna wish for?” Neh asked.
We had just bought 4D earlier before we left. We bought 1389. 13 for Friday the 13th, 8 for luck and 9 for dog. This time, I am tossing the coin, “I WISH I STRIKE LOTTERY!!!!!”
This time, the range was better, but still came short. About a meter short from even reaching the base of cables. It’s a hell lot harder than it seems.
No comments:
Post a Comment