Monday, 2 March 2009

Nonchalant Weekend

Last weekend I did abso-fucking-lutely nothing and I am quite (very, actually) glad I took it. Since the start of 2009, the year has been nothing but one big massive party with not a moment to put your feet up.

I’ve been telling myself since the very first week of 2009 ended that I needed a decent chilled out weekend to recuperate and recollect. But it was having none of it. Parties were still going on at full throttle, well at least the parties are though the same can’t be said for the attendees (well, most of them). Simply because of the nonchalant half hearted and unenthusiastic chanting, “Y…a…y…, …p…a…r…t…y…!”

So yeah, last weekend’s rest was much needed. What better way is there to celebrate my first anniversary since moving down here by myself and a huge bloody…well, yeah. You know what I mean.

Now my shoulders ache because on Sunday, I thought, “OK, enough of doing nothing all day,” and headed to the pool for a few laps after lunch. I got a bit carried away with the laps. Planned to go for a meager and modest 5 (because I have shitty stamina), which ended up at 15 laps. Now I’m just trying to recollect how did I psyched myself into doing this ridiculous deed. Oh wait, I remember now. Because Caring could pull off a 20 lap easy, so I guess I didn’t want to be out shun by a girl.

Oh well...

No comments: