Vig called yesterday. He wants to know what am I up to in the evening. I told him, “I am just about to pack up and head home,”
“Oh, really ah, cha?”
“Yeah, what’s up?” I enquire.
“If you would be so kind,” he readies himself to ask the favour, “I was hoping you could send me to pick up my big bike at 6.30pm.”
It was already 6pm, so I thought what the heck, “Yeah, sure neh. Just gimme a call once you reach home,” and we hung up.
Then it struck me and that prompted me to text his housemate and ex-partner in crime:
“When on Indian timing, usually it’s 10-minutes, 20-minutes or an hour later from the proposed time?”
He replies soon after:
“No less than an hour.”
He was spot on. Vig arrived exactly an hour later. On the dot at 7.30pm. Kenneth asked why? I told him so and he proceeded to give me the low down on timing based on racial background:
“Told ya. Never fails. Ah Neh: 1-hour, Malay: 30-minutes, Chinese: on-time or a fraction too early, mixed race: few minutes early or late and mamak: always on the way.”
Man, I love living in a multi-racial country.
No comments:
Post a Comment