It’s cold when it’s hot
Being confined to cot
I reflect, consider and contemplate
Maybe it isn’t such a good idea at all
Perhaps I could put it on-hold
Or not go at all
Like I’ve been told
After the panadol worked its miracle, hunger kicks in with an attitude. So I took a drive around town, just to clear my mind off things, and maybe drive off this bug while scouting for lunch. Haven’t seen Penang in awhile. There are just some things I need to do, just to have that ‘at home’ feel again. I head off and stopped by Pulau Tikus’ Hup Kee Kopitiam to have…my favourite, Wan Tan Mee, of course. Believe it or not, I’ve been eating this lady’s Wan Tan Mee since I was 6. It brings back some nostalgia of better, simpler times. That Kopitiam has not changed one bit since then, still the same old wooden benches at the side with back rest that are almost 90°, the extremely old electric powered wall clock, even the stall arrangement hasn’t changed much. I could almost see the early '90s Tans. Timeless.
After a satisfying lunch, off to town side, just to pass by places that will bring back good memories. Saints, EAA (strange), Chulia Street, Love Lane and the ever hectic and restless Penang Road.
Would have loved to go back into Saints to catch some good old dirt-cheap school canteen Char Koey Teow, but damn, it's the school holidays. Anyway, since I’m all the way there, I’ve gotta head to Campbell Street’s famous chicken rice. The one near to that Rolex shop lah, damn good one. 100x better than Fatty Loh, confirm. Yeah, the one with the loud-speaker cum server dude. Finding a space to park is a real bitch though, but it’s worth the effort. Besides, its central town, where a parking space is worth more than gold.
Cendol at that lorong is a must if you’re all the way in town and already have a space to park. Just walk lah, its worth it also. Of course, you gotta battle thru at least 20 other customer to get your bowl. (Still worth it)
After a satisfying lunch, off to town side, just to pass by places that will bring back good memories. Saints, EAA (strange), Chulia Street, Love Lane and the ever hectic and restless Penang Road.
Would have loved to go back into Saints to catch some good old dirt-cheap school canteen Char Koey Teow, but damn, it's the school holidays. Anyway, since I’m all the way there, I’ve gotta head to Campbell Street’s famous chicken rice. The one near to that Rolex shop lah, damn good one. 100x better than Fatty Loh, confirm. Yeah, the one with the loud-speaker cum server dude. Finding a space to park is a real bitch though, but it’s worth the effort. Besides, its central town, where a parking space is worth more than gold.
Cendol at that lorong is a must if you’re all the way in town and already have a space to park. Just walk lah, its worth it also. Of course, you gotta battle thru at least 20 other customer to get your bowl. (Still worth it)
I miss those times. I used to do it a lot back in foundation year at EAA. At the end of that little adventure of self re-discovery, I thought maybe, just maybe…I’ve got all I need right here.Money’s no good there
So it is worthwhile?
Despite the extremely lousy driver mind-set in Penang
Maybe I’ll just stay cooped up in the island
Just a while longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment