Wednesday, 23 November 2005

They Just Don't Care

They don’t signal when they turn or switch lane. They don’t use breaks if the car in front slows down, but they swerve to the next lane (without signaling, of course). They park wherever and whenever they please. They jump queue, cause frantic confusion and make drivers slam their brakes. They think high-lights should be used all the time. They drive onto your lane and honk you to move away, even though they’re on the wrong side. They float between lanes. They drive waaaay below the speed limit on the fast lane.

And if anything should happen, they blame you for being a lousy driver.

No, I’m not referring to Eugene Gan or the local Ah Bengs. I’m not pointing my fingers at the Mat Rempits or Mat Motor (whatever the difference is). I’m not blaming the ministers and they’re police escorts.

But I’m condemning the drivers of Penang.
If you can drive on the roads in Penang, you can drive anywhere in the world. They should use Penang as an international driving school course. Send in aspiring F1 racers, would-be rally drivers or regular road drivers to drive here. If they pass with flying colours, I bet they will be the best racing drivers, rally drivers and be accident-free for the rest of their lives. Provided if they don’t become one of them. The Penang drivers of course. :)

No comments: