Wednesday, 30 November 2005

What Up, Doc?

Uh huh, I get to be a doctor today. Man, I’m sure I made my parents swollen with pride with my sudden career change (which lasted for 3 hours). So, I would like to be referred as Dr. Meng, hookay?

Well, all that nonsense aside, we zoomed to Kepala Batas just after rush hour for yet another video shoot outing. Well, in case if anyone’s wondering…we chose that place because our PM was born in that area…hence, they have the most state-of-the-art hospital on the northern region (arguably, if not Penang).

As we have to follow strict hospital policy, we have to don the doctor’s pajamas-like attire. Yeah, the full set. The shirt, the pants, the slippers, the gloves, the facial mask and the err…shower cap? Anyway, being me, I’m easily fascinated. Thus, I went on a photo snapping rampage. I shot everyone, heh. No survivors. *Ahem*

It was fun, having the experience of feeling almost like a legitimate doctor. Minus the fat paycheque and 10 year long education.

We even had the privilege of going into an actual surgery room with an actual patient being operated by real surgeons. Phew, we were having problems simulating a surgery, luckily, we had the real thing.

I stood there, watching from the other side of the door, staring thru the small little window while I summon the nerve to enter. “What’s up?” I asked the other doctor standing next to me. Muffled by his facial mask he mumbled, “Ghdenfuwef”.

I’m like “Huh?”
“Gdneineifjer!!!” he repeated.
“What? I’m not getting ye flow, doc”
Frustrated, he removed his mask and went “Payu dara lah!”
“Ohhh…”

Embarrassed, I hurried my way into the surgery room to avoid that awkward moment. “OK, ciao!” I thought of asking, cancer or enlargement. But what the heck, I can tell you one thing, watching a boob being sliced into half isn’t amusing or fascinating. Urks!

Alas, after shooting the actual surgery, we moved on to the vacant surgery room next to it and stage our own ‘surgery’.

It was fun being a doctor for one day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From left: The videographer, The boss, The tall, The talent/client & his lovely assistant. And the patient, Joe.

No comments: