Thursday, 11 January 2007

Almost On Time

He walks in, I couldn’t help but stare at his uniform, the nifty little scanner device attached to his belt, “We’re all gonna get stuck in here aren’t we?”

He gave me one long-ass stare. Confused, he muttered “Hammik?!”

I got the impression that we were all gonna get stuck in the lift when this FedEx guy walked in. The other occupants started to giggle; some were too busy getting lost in their train of thoughts, staring into space.

“You know…the FedEx ad on TV,” I try to justify, “where they send in the well drilled back-up FedEx team to save the day. Except that it seems like we don’t have an escape door above for your people to come in.”

He replied, in Hokkien, “Ee lang boh tee ler, wa meh chai ka tui lai,” which means his delivery was an unsuccessful one as they had already pack up, lock up and left the office.

Hah, on-time konon.
THERE IS NO BACK-UP TEAM IS THERE?
But I didn’t say that.
YOU WERE LATE WEREN’T YOU?
I didn’t say that too.

I did say, “Oh, well, it’s past 5 liao. Tough luck. Ciao.”

No comments: