On July 2002, on a sunny hot day just off the southeast coast on the busy late morning street of Farquhar, lies a heritage building named Equator Academy of Art resting just behind the famous St. Xaviers Institution. Here I stand, right in front of this building; heavily enclosed with construction materials where the office walls has yet to stand, facilities that are oblivious, misplaced statues, constant hammering and shouting. I told myself, “Three years, huh?” and so it begins as I embarked on this new life.
Three years on, here now as I sit in front of my computer screen sipping my icy cold milk while basking on this realization that the journey has finally ended. I asked myself on the drive back, “Has it been three years? That fast?”
It came rather subtly while me, Audrey and my “ex-wife” Li Ni was walking out of the glass door of the college after a long day when suddenly, as I was holding the door for the ladies, Li Ni whispered to our tired ears, “Wah! Last class already…” Then it hit us, *bang!* just like that. We’ve finished our last class. So, what’s next? Well, we still have a week-long assessment week to finish off and then the grueling exhibition on April. But the first leg of this completion has been accomplished.
With a wink of an eye, three years has flown by. I look back at my tracks and I thought to myself, “Have I done enough?” From the way some things have turned out throughout my three years here, I’m ready to believe I am.
Note: About Li Ni being my "ex-wife", it's a long story :)
No comments:
Post a Comment