Sunday, 20 February 2005

Nothing Last Forever

Out the window

Another day pass, another friend leaves. It has become apparent that 2005 would be vague and poles apart from earlier times. Which is quite a coincidence that I just bought Liz White (iPod) with its tagline “Enjoy Uncertainty”, don’t think ‘enjoy’ would be the correct statement. But it occurred to me the only way I could get myself thru this would be to embrace the change, acknowledge reality and move on with life. Ever heard the expression “Nothing last forever”? Well, nothing ever is. I guess things would just work out at the end of the day, if you allow it, despite all the changes. After all, I’ve lived a tentative life for 21 years, this should be routine.

It’s just so weird that back in the days, all our lives evolves around one thing and one thing only, which is football. It’s hard to imagine that only a decade later, that same bunch of football junkies has turned into graphic/multimedia designers, health consultant, pharmacist, accountant, interior decorator, jockey, businessman, culinary artist, real estate agent and salesman. Not to leave out the soon-to-be Australian PR holders.

Whatever happened to simplicity? Back then, it was only school-eat-football. Waking up at 6.30am for school was a breeze and after school, what else is there to do but football. Now everyone’s life is plagued by rules and responsibility, and there’ll always be a consequence for every cause. I guess now it’s the time that whatever that you have contributed back in the past would start to show some results, the people you help and care for would form a closer bond while the others would start to drift off and maybe one day, they would eventually slip thru your fingers.

"It’s like that game they play on some shopping mall sometimes where one person would be fitted inside a small man-sized transparent acrylic box with money and a fan blowing at the bottom. You can’t grab every ringgit on sight, so you only grab the big ones."

I hope I’ve chose to grab the right ones.

No comments: