Wednesday, 21 December 2005

Best Worst Day

Already late yesterday after waking up at 9am. Yeah, over-slept lah. What to do? It’s one of those oh-so-chilly-and-breezy mornings that you would just kill someone to enjoy it.

Anyhow, back to being late, so…I made the extra effort to be early, just to make up for lost time (whatever), so I cabut from me crib at right about 8.45am. 15 minutes for me to battle the morning rush hour jam…hmm…can lah.

So drive and drive I did. We had to diss the Kancil in the morning when dad woke me up. The car might have heard us; hence it put up a spiteful snobbish behaviour and decided to play dead with me. Yeah, as I was pressing the gas with my right feet, suddenly the engine revved up.

I thought “Oh great, must have slipped into Neutral.”

But hey, hang on, it’s in 4th. What the heck is going on?

Crap.

It died. So I had to crawl all the way to the other side of the road and aim for the Tanjung Bungah Hotel entrance to avoid any sort of embarrassment (whatever) or cause any traffic jam. But well, I guess the car must have been pretty pissed at me. It didn’t have enough momentum to reach the entrance…or did it? Somehow, I managed to handle the car to just before the entrance; good thing was at least I manage to park it on the road side so no traffic jams caused.

Anyway, with that, I was 1 ½ hours late. Yeah, the foreman took his sweet time to get to me. And what the heck is a platinum? My platinum is fucked? What is it doing in my car? Apparently, it some spark thingy to get the car going…

But if the car had gone, how could it cause the fuck up?

It gets better, upon me arrival, not only did the car resolute to fucking up. The computer at work did the same. It would just go blank and restart itself on a whim. That ain’t any good sign. When shit like that happens, that means the hardware is screwed, proper. (Or could it be the magnet Drey used to stick stuff on the CPU). Even so, after the fuck up, the technician took forever to hook up the substitute PC, be that as it may, it wasn’t powerful enough. We run on a multi-user system where 3 people share the same CPU but with our own monitors. The sub PC didn’t have a Pentium4 HT processor but only a standard P4, so multi-tasking was a bitch, not to mention the processor power had to split 3-ways without Hyper-Threading. Not even the 2.5GB of RAM helped us one bit. And then, it hanged, and decided to not reboot…ever again.

So apart from reading magazines, talk about sex, drink coffee, having a good lunch and going out for smokes…I really did nothing today. Well, at least I get to gross Drey out with the nauseating booby operation video we took last month. Yeah, told ya it looked like grapes…the fats…inside the boob, that is. Yuck.

No comments: