Monday, 23 January 2006

Late, Late Header

Looky, looky who’s finally come home. While I sat there on my couch on a lazy, hung over Sunday engrossing precious TV time, battling a headache and weariness, this dude walks up to the front door with the loudest footsteps I’ve heard in recent times.

No words, no ahems, no “Oi!”. Just plain silence as if some low self-esteemed salesman was trying to sell me something. “Dammit, not another door-to-door salesmen.” So I summoned up whatever energy I could conjure up and ‘rise to the occasion’ from the couch. And there…this dude just stood there like as if he was being jailed up, hands gripping the gate bars…giving me the hugest ever grin.

“Mah leh! How are you man?!” shouts the dude who turns out to be Kevin. Apparently he’s a bit merajuk-ed since I didn’t reply him on my MSN which I left it on since last night. “What MSN?!” I didn’t go online lah!

Anyway Kev, welcome back! I owe you one biggy spliff. Tonight, yeah?

And yesterday progressed and ended pretty well. I thought, oh well, there goes, another failed game. Then, on the 90th minute, into stoppage time, he pops out and thumps in a thunderous header even the goalkeeper’s stronger side couldn’t keep it out. I swear, I almost swallowed all of me toothpaste. Manchester United has clinched a late, late winner courtesy of this season’s “prolific scorer”, Rio Ferdinand.

Liverpool fans are gonna get it from me today. It’s gonna be relentless. And I won’t be having a blue Monday after all. Just a red one! :)

No comments: