Apparently, the road’s name is called Jalan Perak. “It’s the longest road in Penang,” James proclaims, even though it doesn’t have the Jalan Perak feel, at all. Anyway, we were running late for a presentation over there, the T- junction with the police station over looking the T-junction and some field nearby. The streets were busy, of course, the one where the police station on your right and shop lots on your left. We parked our car on the FREE PARKING area (yes, it exists and it's really free) where there’s a hawker centre and the field. We were watching people playing tennis with implausible envy. “Man, I want to play tennis lah, Meng, wanna play ah?” the boss questions after coming out from his envious state. I told him alright, I’ll play though I suck at it, “I usually serve the ball out of court and probably over the fence as well,” I state my point, “But I’ll need a racket as well,”
As we approach the bustling street and wait for the cars to clear before we cross, I suggested we should try squash, “Everybody else seems to be in it at the moment with Nicol being World No. 1,”
He says squash is nastier and will hurt real bad if you get hit by the rubber ball at full speed, “I’m not suicidal,” he says and crosses the busy street without even looking and somehow, just like in the movie, cars seems to pass him by as he simply stroll thru the killer Penang traffic, without stopping.
After 5 minutes, I made it to the other side of the road, “So, you’re not suicidal, huh?”
As we approach the bustling street and wait for the cars to clear before we cross, I suggested we should try squash, “Everybody else seems to be in it at the moment with Nicol being World No. 1,”
He says squash is nastier and will hurt real bad if you get hit by the rubber ball at full speed, “I’m not suicidal,” he says and crosses the busy street without even looking and somehow, just like in the movie, cars seems to pass him by as he simply stroll thru the killer Penang traffic, without stopping.
After 5 minutes, I made it to the other side of the road, “So, you’re not suicidal, huh?”
No comments:
Post a Comment