It seems that these days, I can’t even hangout…by myself without feeling guilty. It’s like I have been robbed of time. Robbed of me-time.
Work consumes the most part of me everyday. I come home; I spend some couple of hours or so with my parents during dinner and after dinner, by then, it’ll be 9pm and more often than not I’ll be too exhausted to even think of going out. And yet, I swear I could sense the tone in their voices, of obvious displeasure that I’ve chose to stay home. Forgive me that I chose to concentrate on my career lah, but gimme a break man. Would you rather hangout with a disgruntled and deprived-of-sleep me? It would pester more than pleasure.
Some of them have a ridiculous schedule as well, but you don’t face idiotic-cum-asshole clients everyday. Idiotic-cum-asshole clients who completely disregard deadlines and make threats at us. I’m not exactly the coolest person around threats, I hate threats and it prompts me to react. Often enough with actions I would later regret. Lucky me, the boss was there to take over matters. Even he was fuming with rant and rave.
I love my work but the shit I have to put up with day in day out, a little me-time isn’t asking too much, is it?
Work consumes the most part of me everyday. I come home; I spend some couple of hours or so with my parents during dinner and after dinner, by then, it’ll be 9pm and more often than not I’ll be too exhausted to even think of going out. And yet, I swear I could sense the tone in their voices, of obvious displeasure that I’ve chose to stay home. Forgive me that I chose to concentrate on my career lah, but gimme a break man. Would you rather hangout with a disgruntled and deprived-of-sleep me? It would pester more than pleasure.
Some of them have a ridiculous schedule as well, but you don’t face idiotic-cum-asshole clients everyday. Idiotic-cum-asshole clients who completely disregard deadlines and make threats at us. I’m not exactly the coolest person around threats, I hate threats and it prompts me to react. Often enough with actions I would later regret. Lucky me, the boss was there to take over matters. Even he was fuming with rant and rave.
I love my work but the shit I have to put up with day in day out, a little me-time isn’t asking too much, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment