Never once I’d thought I live to see this. Not once I thought it was possible. At all. I’ve conceded to it. Come to terms with it. Moved on. Because somethings just never change.
But sometimes, they do.
They really do.
On Thursday evening, as I squeeze my way thru the rush-hour traffic, half pass 7, it happened.
“Are you comming home to eat rice yes or no.”
Honestly, I was floored. A kick in the teeth. I could not believe my eyes as it reads,”DAD” on screen. My dad, the one that technology has supposedly left behind, sent me an SMS. An SMS! The dad that I had to meticulously teach him how to use Astro.
Though, I did not see that message until I got home. In my defence, I was wearing jeans and I always blast the music in my car. I got home lugging a plastic bag full of Nasi Lemak. And dad, had already bought dinner as well.
And yeah, we manage to finish everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment