“Visiting hours is over,” the nurse declares. Her eyes are suddenly filled with dread. “Leaving already?” she asks. “Well mom, you should get some rest. Tomorrow’s the big day,” as we make our way towards the exit door from her room, reluctantly.
Suddenly, from Supermom, she turns into a 5 year old girl who’s afraid to sleep in the dark. I tell her “Aiyo, relax, mom. You’ll do just fine,” just to assure her. But I can understand the feeling. I would be terrified myself if I had to go for an operation. “Bloody hell, I wanted third-class, at least I’ll have people around. This second-class room feels creepy and I don’t even have a room-mate,” she criticizes. “Mom, the only thing you’ll need to worry about is that there isn’t a remote control for the 14” TV,” I say to her and I still can’t find the damn thing.
After exchanging hugs, which is a real rarity in our family, we eventually left.
Suddenly, from Supermom, she turns into a 5 year old girl who’s afraid to sleep in the dark. I tell her “Aiyo, relax, mom. You’ll do just fine,” just to assure her. But I can understand the feeling. I would be terrified myself if I had to go for an operation. “Bloody hell, I wanted third-class, at least I’ll have people around. This second-class room feels creepy and I don’t even have a room-mate,” she criticizes. “Mom, the only thing you’ll need to worry about is that there isn’t a remote control for the 14” TV,” I say to her and I still can’t find the damn thing.
After exchanging hugs, which is a real rarity in our family, we eventually left.
No comments:
Post a Comment