You wanna know what’s scary?
Scary is when your sleep (possibly a deep one) is abruptly shorten. At 4am to be precise by an anonymous phone call. The first call I choose to ignore, as retaliation for calling me during the wee hours. Then again. I opted for the “Silent” feature. But damn caller is persistent, and has an unrelenting urge to just keep calling and calling. Hello! It’s 4 fuckin’ A.M. in the morning man. And it’s some random number.
OK fine. Maybe someone’s in trouble.
“HELLO!!!” I answered. Pissed. Sleepy. Blur.
And here’s the bit where it’s just plain creepy. On the other line, all I hear is this knocking, as if someone is knocking from a distance on one of those aluminum wall panel thingy that you see on construction sites. And it keeps going. Almost at a constant rate, but it fluctuates, sometimes a bit slower, sometimes a bit faster. Then I can hear breathing. Not those dirty, sex types, but just plain heavy breathing.
By this point, I’ve grown a non-frizzy afro on my Chinese head and all the hairs on my body are standing. Goosebumps. My heart starts to race. I’m freakin' out!
The faint distant knocking can still be heard. Then, I heard a sniff…maybe a sob. It’s a girl. It’s definitely female.
Great. Adding more spook element.
Confused, scared and still partially pissed ‘cos its 4am in the morning. I hung up.
…what the hell is that all about? I ask myself…Then…
She calls, again…Arghhh!!!
WTF man?! What do you want from me?! WHAT?! I refuse to answer this time. It’s the same bloody number. And it’s calling non-stop.
I can’t shut off my phone, I need the alarm. I don’t have any other alarm. I got work tomorrow. Dammit. Even on silent, I can still hear the phone, vibrating. Fuckin’ hell.
Alas, I painstakingly browse thru the menu and deactivate the vibrate mode and maintained silent. Though I can still see the phone flashing, at least it won’t bother me. Finally, I can go back to bed. I’ll deal with this in the morning.
In total, I got right about 8 missed calls. 3 sms of voice messages. Prior to that, I’ve already deleted the earlier missed calls. I tried to decipher the voice messages. All of it was identical to the call. Distant knocking, faded breathing…
But one was different. At the end, I heard something. She muttered out something in Malay. It’s a Malay girl’s voice. I couldn’t quite hear her. It was heavy. Her slang is too heavy.
Fuck man. I’ll never figure this out.
It can’t be a ghost thingy right? Please tell me it’s not.
I’m still freaked out.
I think I’m gonna be sick.
Now, that's scary.
Scary is when your sleep (possibly a deep one) is abruptly shorten. At 4am to be precise by an anonymous phone call. The first call I choose to ignore, as retaliation for calling me during the wee hours. Then again. I opted for the “Silent” feature. But damn caller is persistent, and has an unrelenting urge to just keep calling and calling. Hello! It’s 4 fuckin’ A.M. in the morning man. And it’s some random number.
OK fine. Maybe someone’s in trouble.
“HELLO!!!” I answered. Pissed. Sleepy. Blur.
And here’s the bit where it’s just plain creepy. On the other line, all I hear is this knocking, as if someone is knocking from a distance on one of those aluminum wall panel thingy that you see on construction sites. And it keeps going. Almost at a constant rate, but it fluctuates, sometimes a bit slower, sometimes a bit faster. Then I can hear breathing. Not those dirty, sex types, but just plain heavy breathing.
By this point, I’ve grown a non-frizzy afro on my Chinese head and all the hairs on my body are standing. Goosebumps. My heart starts to race. I’m freakin' out!
The faint distant knocking can still be heard. Then, I heard a sniff…maybe a sob. It’s a girl. It’s definitely female.
Great. Adding more spook element.
Confused, scared and still partially pissed ‘cos its 4am in the morning. I hung up.
…what the hell is that all about? I ask myself…Then…
She calls, again…Arghhh!!!
WTF man?! What do you want from me?! WHAT?! I refuse to answer this time. It’s the same bloody number. And it’s calling non-stop.
I can’t shut off my phone, I need the alarm. I don’t have any other alarm. I got work tomorrow. Dammit. Even on silent, I can still hear the phone, vibrating. Fuckin’ hell.
Alas, I painstakingly browse thru the menu and deactivate the vibrate mode and maintained silent. Though I can still see the phone flashing, at least it won’t bother me. Finally, I can go back to bed. I’ll deal with this in the morning.
In total, I got right about 8 missed calls. 3 sms of voice messages. Prior to that, I’ve already deleted the earlier missed calls. I tried to decipher the voice messages. All of it was identical to the call. Distant knocking, faded breathing…
But one was different. At the end, I heard something. She muttered out something in Malay. It’s a Malay girl’s voice. I couldn’t quite hear her. It was heavy. Her slang is too heavy.
Fuck man. I’ll never figure this out.
It can’t be a ghost thingy right? Please tell me it’s not.
I’m still freaked out.
I think I’m gonna be sick.
Now, that's scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment