Monday, 31 July 2006

Typos

I went to the station on Saturday, the Police Station. Why you might ask. Well, if you hadn’t known, my Nike Total 90III Gold street football shoes were stolen.

OK fair enough, it’s just a shoe, why would I need to make a big fuss and report it to the police? Well, they came back again and this time, they got me slippers. I mean, what the fuck man, even my dirty worn slippers they want to take ah? WTF man?

Well, my dad has been reading from the papers that people from Johor are getting robbed at knife point (parangs to be exact) at their own home by construction workers from Indon! Well, the second trip they made to take my slippers would suggest the same fate might be waiting for us. Hence the report. And hopefully they will kerapkan their nightly rondas (increase patrol frequency) at our area. Because we’re been seeing ‘em Indons walking up and down our roads and glaring at our houses.

But…
That isn’t really why I wrote this entry.

What I intended to say was…
While at the station…I noticed something. They had a whiteboard and the whiteboard duster, cleaner, errr, whatever it’s called. On it, something was written. Because he took so painstakingly slow the type down my report, which by the way, was barely 50 words long. I even corrected him…

“So dik, macam mana?” the officer asks. Smiling as he turns his monitor to my direction. God knows how many times I wanted to volunteer and write it myself. Well, at least the part of their slogan which has mesra is correct. Cepat, hmmm not really.

“Errrr, Tuan…Spelling salah lah,” I said once the error was spotted.

Confused, he went, “Oh, mana?”

Frustrated, I used my index finger and rest it right smack on the misspelled word, “Errr…Tuan, sini,”

“Oh, salah ah?” he still doesn’t realize.

“Tuan, NIKE lah,” I said, “Bukan NEIKI.”

“Oh…”

And when I finally made the correction, which took yet another 10 minutes just to type out N-I-K-E, I spotted something else…

On the whiteboard duster thingy, they wrote…

P. PENING


Isn’t it P. PINANG? Now I’m damn Pening…

No comments: