Tuesday, 28 December 2004

2004 In Perspective, Finale

In the midst of all this freak tsunami chaos, 3 more days to go to the New Year, I think I better finish off my 2004 review. It’ll be premature ‘cos it’s hard to write when incidents like this occur and lives are lost. It’s sad to read about the death of innocent people who just want to spend their lazy Sunday having family picnic and basking on our tropical sun. But lives were taken and families destroyed. Rest in peace my fellow Penangites.

Progression

Since my enrollment at EAA, things were not as smooth as I would like. I struggled and suffered to even break into the top 10. It doesn’t really matter where I am on the standings but it’s a reference of your performance against your classmates. And dwelling almost at the bottom isn’t exactly very comforting to my already battered and dented academic self-esteem. Somehow, I became quite a popular figure to the lecturers, but for all the wrong reasons, for example; “The guy whose always late” or “That dude at the back who always asks when is the next break” “The loud one”…the list goes on. :)

But I force my way thru, took on every challenge and faced every task that was thrown on my direction. I didn’t succeed in all of them, but my attempts were appreciated and slowly, my reputation changed.

What don’t destroy you will only make you stronger

My 2 months stint in KL really gave me a boost. It made me look at design in a whole new standpoint. Fast forward to present time, I’ve have set up shop on the top side. Lecturers now remember me for the right reason. With the New Year approaching, I can only look forward to good times ahead.

Peace out. In case I don’t have an entry in a few days time, Happy New Year!

No comments: