Thursday, 16 December 2004

The Unsavvy Duo


The 70s Character Design


With the holidays finally underway and doing absolutely nothing for the first time in months, “MAN…IT FEELS GOOOOD!!

But chances are, its only temporary. With the whole year-end party extravaganza within sight (e.g. Xmas and New Years), busy times are right ahead.

I hand in my resignation to CG Computers yesterday that will take effect on Christmas, after having realized I won’t save-up in time for the iPod, dammit! I guess it can wait. I hope my cousin still remembers that she owes me a two-way ticket to Australia this coming April after my graduation…would love to get out from the country again since my last excursion was way back in, errrr…94/95, I think…

Here’s something somewhat interesting. Just yesterday, this duo approached us to buy an iPod 20GB and decided he will purchase via credit card. Everything was business-as-usual right up to the point when we have to call the bank to verify the card, one of them started to freak out:

[Translated from hokkien]
“Hey!! What are you doing?! Why are you calling the bank?!”
“Hey! Hey! I want to cancel my purchase! Gimme back my card!”
“Oii! Deaf ah? I said I want my f**king card back!”

What a loser…

All that happened while I was lurking at the corner, ready to spring into action, should any violence burst out. Super-hero me emerged. Luckily, it wasn’t necessary. The funny thing was, he proclaims to be from Singapore while his “credit card” address is in Gelugor, Penang.

Note: iPods are cheaper in Singapore, and the picture above was that final assignment I've hand-in

No comments: