As hard it is for me to believe, I’ve sooo grown out of the ‘college-life’ mentality. I’m now officially a full-blown member of the workforce. And as weird as this may sound, I love my job very much. Despite the over-times, extended hours during weekends and such, it’s just part of the package. Nothing good comes without the bad. It’s not that over-times are a dreadful experience, it’s just that I believe there should always be a balance of the somewhat cliché expression of ying-and-yang. So without any other bad elements to point out, I chose to describe over-times as a bad element…heh. *whatever*
Random Office Quirks
Our dispatch dude aka Uncle Tony (sounds like a Mafia name, huh?) likes to call Elaine; “Alien”. Never fails to crack me up.
Uncle Tony takes good care of us when Mr. Kee is not around. He’s like our godfather.
David is on a diet that’s a mystery to all of us. You see, he isn’t fat or plump or whatever. In fact, he’s quite skinny.
Elaine hides her snacks in the drawer next to me on Chong Eng’s desk. Uncle Tony must never find out.
I once felt a tremor while sitting on my desk. Turns out, it was Chong Eng shaking his legs. Till this day, our desk has a 5cm distance between to avoid future false alarm.
The apartment management barricaded the de-tour to the apartments via the visitor car park recently. Now I have to walk one gigantic round pass the guardhouse. It didn’t help me one bit as I had a sprained ankle today. It was raining as well.
When Mr. Kee is out, calling him is like trying your luck on a lottery ticket. He’s always on the phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment