It’s been awhile since I manage to get me some good TV time. The easy life, you know where you just lay almost motionless and your eyes just constantly stare at the big electronic box absorbing every single facet of it. One TV show has finally caught my attention, Boston Public. Of all series, I had to fall on the one series I’ve labeled as ‘boring’ and ‘uneventful’. But turns out, being a public school teacher can be pretty cool. Let me try to put into perspective what I’ve just seen on that particular episode.
Steven (the big black dude) is the Principal of the school, and he’s dating one of the hot teachers but he has a fellow colleague (Marla) who’s 42 years old, single and desperate to have a child. So she went to his office…
Marla: I’ve decided, I wanna have a baby.
Steven: Oh..that’s good, that’s good. Congratulations, Marla.
Marla: Thank you, Steve…
Steven: Err, so who is he? You know…the father-to-be…
Marla: Oh…ermmm, I was hoping you could be the donor…
Steven: Eh?
That’s one part of the story, on the other side; we have this cool, hip and unconventional teacher (Charlie) who incorporates drugs and sex in his Math class. Like…
Charlie: So, here’s the equation, if the drug dealer sells 10 bucks for half an ounce of Marijuana and he has 1 kg to spare, will he have enough gas to drive all the way back from the suburbs back to the city with only 1 liter of petrol left with the distance of 23km. Will he make enough money to pump in some gas? Along the way he stops to pickup his hoes…… (it goes on and on and it gets more complicated)
And the vice principal is dating a former porn-star who’s currently dating like 5 other men. And he really really likes her. And seeks Charlie (the cool, unconventional teacher) for advice and the two of them have a history cause Charlie keeps getting called-in to the office for improper teaching methods by the vice principal, whose name I forgot. Damn.
Man, I can’t wait for next week’s episode…Finally a new TV show to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment