Wednesday, 22 June 2005

The Trip, Part 2

Highlight #2: The Ferry

And so, after a 2 hour long pre-Langkawi escapade, we finally got on to the ferry. Now it’s just the matter of getting thru this 2 hour long ride before we arrive…I just can’t wait!

Trivia

Here’s a little trivia, I can’t get seasick. You see, my dad’s into all this water sports and boating trips, so since I was young, I’ve been pre-condition to take this punishment.

But that boat ride was an exception. I didn’t really get green about the gills, but I could feel it coming. Come on, 30 people stuffed inside an enclosed area…with air-conditioning! And with windows the size of rat holes, who wouldn’t get sick of it? Did I not mention the ratio of the amount of people who gave in and gag? Now this is not a punishment, it’s a torture (the ratio was almost 1 of 3, mind you). And the ferry smells funny too.

So, me and Ian decided to head off to the rooftop to get some, well….fresh air…blasting-tornado-like wind to be honest. But hey! Beats sitting in that air-conditioned sardine can!

Even so, people were puking up there as well, sigh. It’s relentless. But at least we felt better; screw those puking losers…heheh, we iz hardcore! :P

While we were there, I manage to point out all the little small islands in between that I’ve been to when I was young, all 3 islands…man, I don’t get chances like this to share my experience too often…

Pictures from me mobile!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the top left, some ichi-bawah eye-candy for us to savour. Heh.
And well, that's how strong the wind was...in the end, SUNSHINE!!


Well, the rooftop adventure was cut-short, seeing that there were sinister-looking clouds ahead of us.

Sina: Hey, I have a question, why are we leaving Penang?

*points to Penang where the Sun is shining and then looks towards Langkawi where it was surrounded by Dark-Mordor-like clouds*

Me: Errr…the cheap alcohol? :)

But anyway, the rain did come when we still have half the journey to complete. So back to Hell that is the human-sardine-can-with-air-conditioning.

Well, by the time we got back down, I was too tired to bother; I slept through the remaining of the ride…

To be continued...

No comments: