Ahh, photoshoots. It makes me feel all nostalgic and all, being the photography geek that I am, biasa-lah. On Friday, we (Me and Mr. Kee) visited Smart Modular for a photo shoot session. They wanted to create some sort of “campaign” to change the way people see the HR Dept….you know, making them look friendlier, more human…etc…
On the down side, I was only notified about the photo shoot an hour earlier. That didn’t give me much time to prepare myself and also not much time to recharge the batteries. But anyway, I have this thing for “last minute” work. I was born for last minute stuff. Heh, if it’s one thing I am good at…that’s it!
Anyway, it was entertaining. As a photographer, it’s crucial to try your best to socialize with these people, get them ready, and make them feel comfy so when the pictures are taken they’ll look natural. And hey! Everybody looks good when they’re posing naturally. Not too happy with some of the final shots, some were blurred due to the shutter speed. I’ll admit it, this FUJI FINEPIX S5000 camera is still quite tricky to use. Still haven’t got used to the features and functions. The most complicated camera I’ve ever used thus far. Hehhe. One day, I’ll sort it out, one day. All this baby need is some love and some time, that’s all.
Being a photographer, you can’t help but somehow including yourself into the fray. I’ll admit it, eventually it will become annoying when you realize you’ve been snapping like a billion shots and there’s not even a single frame of yourself. And you have trust issues with people your photo. Because you do not want some stereotype photo where there’s no angle, no lighting and no composition.

The Boys in Black. Thank god they didn't give us the light blue ones like the workers wear.

If only Meng...if only...
And there’s an upcoming Beautiful Junk 05: Design & Noise Festival this coming weekend. I would love to send in an art-work for display. Hmmm, a poster maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment